Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Hearts and Lotus Pods

We had another wood firing in Freedom, Ohio (6.1.2018)
Ryan spraying soda in the kiln chamber.
Nicolin spraying soda in the kiln chamber.
The firing was a good one and of course exhausting.
Susan restacking the wood.

The kiln fired for about 52 hours and we unloaded last Wednesday (6.6.2018).  I had some hearts and lotus pods in the kiln.
This heart went home with Michele.

And this heart went home with Jenifer.
The lotus pods at first were a bit uncomfortable to make.  Often, when I begin a new series of work it is not until I see the completed work that I can breathe a bit easier.  Sticking with the vision and making it happen can be exhausting and worth it when I see all the completed work.


Concept to Creation,
Theresa Yondo

No comments: