Friday, July 17, 2009

Geode Gallery in Tremont


The Tremont area of Cleveland is always changing. I was trying to remember the year I lived in Tremont at the corner of Jefferson and Professor in the "City Cabin". Back then, "grandma" was still alive and I would walk across the corner to the bar on Fridays for my lunchtime serving of homemade pierogie. I often was a site as I would work until sometimes 4:00 am in my studio and then roll out of bed around Noon to get my pierogie's before they were sold out.
Not to long ago, a new gallery opened at 755 Starkweather Ave. with the quite clever name of Geode Gallery.
Whose eyes would not sparkle when entranced by a geode.
Upon entering the gallery, I felt the same way as gallery owner Gillian Barnes showed me all the treasures inside. By the way, you can now find a collection of my clay work at Geode Gallery along with many handcrafted gifts from Cleveland and around the world.
Concept to Creation
Theresa Yondo

No comments: