Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wholesaling, first time for everything!

Monday morning I received a wholesale order from a new account, Just Because, in Sarasota, Florida.  Monday afternoon I received a wholesale order from an established account, American Crafts and Jewels, in Carmel, California.  Monday evening I checked stock and had everything in stock the gallery/boutiques ordered.  Monday evening everything was packed and ready to ship.  Tuesday morning the packages were off to there destination.  I am still tingling from the fruits of my labor. 
It is so difficult to make a living as a studio artist.  You are always "on" in regards to generating your own income.  Swim or drown in this crazy world of finances.
Today private teaching begins. 
I now have three sources of income.  Art consultant and facilitator of art therapy projects at a retirement community, private educator in the studio and studio artist.  The good thing is that when one job is slow, the other job makes up for the income. 
I am very grateful to have work in my field.


Concept to Creation,
Theresa Yondo

No comments: