Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mystery Glaze

What do you do with all those glaze tests?  Of course,  you pour or dump them all in one bucket and then test the glaze and use it on some appropriate object.  Recently, I was working on lowering the melting points of two glazes.  The melting point of one glaze became too low and the other glaze was still too matt.
So, I took a few scoops of the matt glaze and mixed them in with the runny glaze to see what would happen and of course came up with a wonderful glaze that is both matt with some gloss crystals.  The color is a pale sea foam bluish green which breaks to orange on edges.  WOW, could I figure out what I did to get this glaze.  Believe it our not, yes I did.
Wheel thrown and Hand built
porcelain clay
7.25 in. tall x 6.5 in. wide x 4.5 in wide oval













The darker glaze is another glaze overlapped on top of the pale sea foam glaze.  I will work on tweaking this glaze a bit more and look forward to adding this glaze to my palette of color.




Theresa Yondo
Concept to Creation

No comments: