Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ceramic Designs


My electric Cress kiln now reaches cone cone 10 in nine hours since John has replaced the elements.
This image shows a new design which was in the first firing. It is very rewarding when a new design works for me. How many people get to design a bowl or a mug that they think the world could use.
I threw three bowls, trimmed a round bottom on the bowls and then attached the three together. Then I made a bowl for salsa or dip to sit in the middle. I did send this work off to Indigenous Gallery in Cincinnati.
I get to spend the whole day in the studio today.
What a treat.
Theresa Yondo
Concept to Creation

1 comment:

merci33 said...

Indigenous indeed...these black and white patterns are so very striking like a cross over between two worlds...one ever so ancient and the other ever so contemporary...my eyes are so happy when they pop over to see what you're taking outa the kiln.